1.2
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

LIberty Tax was the worst tax preparation experience I have ever had.I used the office on Pio Nono Ave in Macon, GA.

Not only did she not tell me the fee up front, they misadvertised the "instant refund" as being a given - it had to be approved by some bank, which did not approve me, which I find hard to understand since my credit rating is very good. Secondly, she did not give me any paperwork on the day she did my taxes, saying I had to come back in three days to pick it up. I called three times on that day with no return phone call. I went by on the fourth day, and they tried to tell me they "don't give out tax returns until the check comes in" (she had my check go to their office), but gave them to me anyway.

When I asked about the fee, they said the "tax preparer was not there, so they weren't sure." The woman looked on the computer and showed me a fee of $148, which I thought was reasonable, but the other woman made a comment that it was too low based on the size of my refund and she should have charged me more. When they called for me to come and get my check, I went to the office before closing time and no one was there. I called and left two messages, and the recording said the were open to 8 (it was 5:45). I called the next day and told them I was coming, so they were there.

Well, when I got my check, it was from a bank, not the IRS, and they had taken out a $500 tax preparation fee!!!! and two other charges for check handling from this bank and electronic filing fee!!! I was shocked to say the least. I have never in my life been charged this much money for tax preparation, even using a CPA, and my return was a simple one!

They ripped me off, and this bank took money. Why did the check come from a bank and not the IRS? and how can they charge so much money? This looks like some kind of scam to me.

I told the woman about never having been charged this much, and she said I would have to come and talk to the woman that prepared my return and take it up with her.

I am very upset about this to say the least.I will never use this tax preparation service again and I will post this to all social media to warn others not to use them either.

Review about: Liberty Tax Tax Preparation.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Unprofessional service and pricing was way too high, Did not tell me the fee before beginning service, Rude behavior, Not returning phone calls, Not open during posted business hours.

Comments

Omg I just went thru the same thing, they charge me $500 along with some extra bank fees I never heard of