Liberty Tax franchise owner refusing to pay required employee wages
I worked for Liberty Tax service in Palm Bay FL after taking their tax preparation course.After the course was completed, the franchise owner had mandatory training sessions for employees/future employees.
When asked if these hours would be paid, he responded "No, it's only training." I filed a complaint with the Department of Labor Wage and Hours Division. While they agreed that the hours should have been paid, they declined to litigate the case. I also emailed corporate about this problem and they were unresponsive. Besides refusing to pay wages for desperate employees, he also raised the number of required returns to qualify for a bonus.
I found out from a manager that the required number the previous year was 50. Apparently, some employees got close to that number so this year he raised the number to 75.
My advice would be to stay far, far away from this Liberty Tax service franchise.Actually, I would stay away from all of them since corporate is condoning this behavior by their inaction.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Illegally withheld wages
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Labor Compensation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "These are photos of messages that I received from swift. Why do they have to send so many messages to remind you when you have to have a meeting? I..."
- "I worked for Family Dollar three years and they have security cameras mounted all over the stores....cameras that are NOT monitored by anyone...and when someone does review the footage of..."
- "First and foremost this is NOT a complaint, but an awareness raising eye opener! Binder and Binder (nor ANY OTHER disability advocacy company and or law firm) does NOT have any..."
- "A year ago this past April 2015 I built a six-sided polygon deck from Pressure Treated deck boards. The total size is roughly 300 sq feet. This deck cost about..."
- "I ordered a dress that I thought was beautiful on the modlily.com. I received a dress from modlily.com and it was hideous. It was made of poor quality and looked..."
- "We bought a variety pack of chips from Walmart in Palm Bay Florida on Palm Bay rd. on June 17th 2016. My daughter was eating a bag of Cheetos from..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."