2.3
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

We came here last week to file our taxes, which were done by Gordon.It was not an unpleasant experience and I left thinking I would probably become a regular customer here.

There was some additional information I needed to provide to them which they needed to file my taxes. Gordon told me that I could just call them to give them that information and they would then file my taxes - all I would need to do afterwards is show up and sign some papers and that would be that, no appointment required. So I did that. I called in - gave my information - and I was told that I would get a call back from them.

They called me back the same day and said "we will have everything filed by tomorrow all you need to do is show up and sign some papers" I asked if i needed an appointment and he said "no". I wasn't able to go to following day, but I went the day after which gave them a whole extra day to file them. When I showed up I told the receptionist that we came here last week to file our taxes and that I was told I just need to sign some papers. She started digging through all the files looking for mine.

I said "are you sure? there might not even be any file because we took some home last week. I think there's just a paper I need to sign" I'm not very tax-savvy, so I probably didn't explain myself well enough, hence why I'm going to them to get my taxes filed in the first place. However, she practically shushed me and kept searching.

Soon enough it attracted another agents attention. She came over to us to help with the search. Maybe she was having a bad day and decided that there would be nothing more satisfying to her than to take it out on a couple of her colleagues' clients. She asked me aggressively if we'd been called to come here.

I explained that I had received a call two days ago. She asked who it was. I said "I didn't catch the name", she angrily replied "this is why you should always get people's names". I was taken aback but I conceded that I probably should have done that and even apologized.

I said maybe it hadn't been filed because when I got the call he said that he would have it filed by the next day. She jumped right in and said "you're supposed to wait for our call not just show up". I made it clear that I was asked to show up and I did what I was told. She then spent a few more minutes figuring out what we were there for (which is what I had clarified with the receptionist in the first place).

I patiently repeated myself and then she cut me off and said "you need to make yourself clear from the start we were looking for files that we don't have". Considering that I had explained myself and was shushed by the receptionist and also considering the fact that I am not obliged to know their filing habits this was getting pretty unacceptably ridiculous. They argued condescending that I had never told them that and made it clear that they were blameless and I was at fault, declared that they hadn't filed the taxes and that we would need to do it now. She then told us sharply that we would need to pay for it it's not free...

implying that we couldn't afford it. This is the kind of supremely vulgar, ill-bred thing that will ensure I never go back to them again. Where I'm from this sort of statement is considered an unpardonable offense, and I'm sure that nobody in Canada would consider it flattering. Considering that we had already paid them full price last week for their services, would be paying them full price again today, and were even planning to be regular customers in the future, it was also a terrible business strategy.

As we were then getting helped by Gordon, whose sincere apology after that fiasco meant a great deal, by the way - the lady walked in on our meeting halfway through and demanded that Gordon help another customer... again making it clear how little she valued us as customers. Gordon clearly felt that it was rude and uncalled for and treated us like a professional. He politely told her it would have to wait until he was finished with our session, he helped us out to the best of his ability, and sincerely apologized for the bad experience.

Our taxes didn't get filed, though, as they need a lot more paperwork (all of this could have to told to us in the previous session, infact, what we were told today was completely different from what we had been led to believe in the previous session) nobody acknowledged that they hadn't kept their word, and that coupled with the disorganised, unprofessional behaviour and complete utter lack of common respect towards us will ensure I never go back here again.I don't trust them with my money or my documents and I do not recommend filing your taxes here.

Review about: Liberty Tax Tax Preparation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unreliable, Disrespectful, Disorganised, Really unpleasant experience.

Comments